Monday, January 11, 2010

A little help here!!

Soon after we were married, I had finished cooking a fabulous (ok, mediocre) dinner and was heading upstairs to tackle some laundry (ok, wax my eyebrows). As I walked through the living room, I asked my adoring husband to please do the dishes. He replied, "Of course, my love." (ok, he nodded.)

Call me crazy, but I figured that since we both worked full-time, were contributing members of society, and, most importantly, ADULTS, that it was a no-brainer that we would not only share in household chores, but understand what those chores were.

Clearly, I was mistaken.

When I returned to the kitchen about an hour later, it was still a mess. "Baaaabe? Umm, when were you thinking of cleaning up in here?" His response? "I already did!"

Long story (ok, fight) short, his defense to my completely justified frustration was ... drumroll please ... "You asked me to do the dishes, so that's what I did." And this was true ... every dish was cleaned. Not one pot or pan, not the floor or counter ... but yes, darling, every dish was cleaned.

And, later, when he asked me to wash his clothes for work? Every single one was washed. Not dried, not folded or put away ... but yes, darling, every single one was washed.

No comments:

Post a Comment